This technique uses the throttle, and raw power of the engine to induce drift when entering a corner. It can be performed at any speed as long as you choose a suitable gear to deliver maximum power.
1. Approach the corner at speed, downshift if necessary to get your revs into the powerband.
2. Turn into the corner and floor the throttle. The power and weight shift will cause the rear to loose traction
3. The back end will step out, you are now in drift !
4. Steer in the other direction (opposite lock) so that the front wheels point where you want the car to go. Be ready to straighten back up.
5. Don't come off the gas! And Don't Brake! Otherwise you will find yourself performing the rest of the maneuver using your rear view mirror.
6. As you come out of the corner, straighten up and the rest of the car should gain traction and drive normally....until the next corner anyway!